?

Log in

No account? Create an account
 
 
09 October 2007 @ 09:07 pm
 
apparently i've had an underactive microwave replaced by an overactive one. i set popcorn for 2 minutes and went to the bathroom, and found when i came back that my entire kitchen was filling with smoke.

it seems that someone out there doesn't want me to have popcorn ever again.
 
 
Mood: glad i'm not cremated
Music: The National - Brainy
 
 
 
Tejano Samsquanchamp23 on October 9th, 2007 01:33 pm (UTC)
eating microwave popcorn can lead to a rare lung disease.
microwave may just be lookin out for your health.

http://www.webmd.com/news/20070905/microwave-popcorn-linked-to-lung-harm

get an air popper!
Mellenabsentmammoth on October 10th, 2007 08:58 am (UTC)
I actually have been looking for one, I prefer it to the microwave stuff by a wide margin, but as of right now, I've not been successful. Japan must be hiding them from me...

But also, it seems that you need to be in contact with the butter-flavor agent (and my popcorn isn't butter-flavored) and/or consuming massive quantities of the stuff (2 bags a day?! jeez!). Hopefully I'll be in the clear for the time being.
TotoroJototorojo on October 9th, 2007 03:22 pm (UTC)
When I was a naive little undergraduate, new to the wonders of microwave potato baking, I believed someone who told 30 minutes was a sensible time. Result: blackened crisp in pool of foul-smelling yellow goo and a stench that wouldn't leave the kitchen for days XD...